Friday, March 12, 2010

Thank God es ist Freitag!

Another week down.    Let's see... I started teaching senior comp.  Went really well, actually.  Although I feel like I'm doing significantly less planning so far, things take longer than I think they will,usually, which helps so much!  In German, it was always the total opposite.  I would plan for HOURS and think, this is great!  Such and such activity should take 30 minutes, then this will take at least 10, if not fifteen.  HA!  30 minutes turned into 15 and 10 or 15 turned into... maybe 5, if I got lucky.  Obviously, the fact that the kids are mostly writing in composition helps.  A lot less pressure on me.  Explain the assignment and... GO!

Outside the high school building, what's to say?  Well, I applied for a few summer jobs yesterday.  Cross your fingers.  Who knew March 11 was "late" in the season to be applying?  Argh.  I went to Eddie Bauer and David's Bridal and took the employment test for the Census 2010.  The Census pays the best but I'd probably be knocking on my fellow Topekans' doors.  No offense to any of you, but... ew. 

At 3:30 today, Spring Break starts!  Best things about being a teacher: Variety, Spring Break, Summer. 

Not a whole lot going on as far as the permanent job front.  No one's really even posting their positions yet.  It's making me cringe a bit but I know there have to be, at the least, a few positions.  The German position as this building is obviously open and it's not posted yet... so I'm holding on to that glimmer of hope!

Yesterday was an emotional day.  During my lunch I read that Conan was touring.  SWEET!  Conan's amazing.  All you nay-sayers, bug off.  I was ecstatic!   I sent out a text and asked anyone if they wanted to join me.  No questions, I am going, sort of thing.  By the time I got home... it was already 100% sold out!  Even the $500 seats were gone.  Apparently, not that many nay-sayers in the KC area :)  So, my hopes were crushed.  Hopefully another great concert will come around.  I already declined Michael Buble (I know, stupid)... Wicked came in October... hmmm, someone's got to help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment