Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Was für eine Woche!

Note:  If injuries gross you out... skip this entry!!

What a week!

As promised, the family took the trek to Wetmore for fishing, grilling, and other fun on Saturday.  When we arrived, the sisters and the boys had already started fishing.  To get it over with, I immediately cast a line and, to everyone's disbelief, I got a bite!  I caught a decent-sized bass.  As you can see, the excitement did NOT distract me from the grossness of the fish and I refused to touch it.


After my good fortune, I decided to call fishing quits and go with E on her BFs ATV.  After some beginner’s trouble, E let me try drive (note: I’d never been on this ATV before).   Now, picture pasture that is overgrown…trees, uneven ground.  I know better, right?  Nope.

Not 20 feet into my little excursion, the seemingly even ground became drastically uneven.  By the time I realized that I was headed towards a drop-off, I was there.  I thought maybe if I tried to keep going it maybe could push through.  I thought what the hell now?  I had time to yell a few choice words as the ATV toppled over on E and me.  Thanks to my guardian angels or whatever it may be, the ditch was deep enough that E and I fell to the bottom and the trees caught the ATV.  I got out with one less shoe, sans sunglasses and hat but in one piece.  As did E.  


As E and I went to get her BF, I realized my wrist was slit open.  Thank God for shock.. it didn't hurt right away!!  I spent 2 hours in the Holton Emergency Room -- occupying one of its two beds.  After ungodly pain, I received 4 stitches and lots of antibiotics.  Another trip to Holton later that evening gained me some pain meds -- yay!  

I was too much in pain and too grossed out to snap any pictures right away but here is how it looked after having one of the stitches taken out Tuesday.  


And after having the other three stitches taken out, I am happy to say I am finally able to type with both hands and do a few more tasks with my left hand again.  Still a ways to go.. but it's looking much better!!




No comments:

Post a Comment