Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Engaged :: Verlobt

Well, if you haven't heard the  news -- I don't know you so why are you reading my blog?!! :)  


I am engaged!!! 


Todd and I had gone to look at engagement rings last Saturday.   It wasn't like we were going to buy immediately but so that he had an idea what I like when "the time came."  


Friday I finals started.  So I decided to leave school right at 3:30, which means I actually left school shortly before 4.   I got home and piddled a little bit before taking my things down to my room (luckily not as long as some days!).


I opened the door and saw something  on the floor.  My first reaction was to blame the dog.  How the **h** did he get in my room?!  Then I realized it was rose petals!   I looked up and saw on my bed (which was made, unlike I had left it that morning!) and saw rose petals in a heart around a ring box!!  (Exhibits A and B)


   


I was so confused because I had seen Todd's car at his parents' house, no lights were on that shouldn't have been.  And I wasn't registering why he wouldn't be there for this!?!  

I turned around and he was standing in the doorway.  When I finally stopped hugging and kissing him, he got down on his knee.  I'll spare you all the juicy details of what his proposal included but he asked me in German!!  He had googled how to say to marry and had ideas for the rest!!  His pronunciation was a bit off but I couldn't have cared less!   I don't remember if I said "YES!" or "JA!" but it's really all the same.  :)

    



We're planning to get married sometime in the summer of 2012 so keep your calendars open :)  Not sure what we're thinking beyond that but we both have some ideas brewing!!  MUCH more to come, I'm sure!!

Viele liebe Grüße!





2 comments: