Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Geile Zeit

What a trip this has been...!  Can student teaching really be wrapping up?  Can I really be done with college already (although it has been six years...)?  Today's my last day teaching.  I should wait until I've suffered through, er, taught the lesson before posting.  But why bother?  This group of kids is a pain.  They're the group that had me prepared to scream and cry and kick the first week I taught sophomores.  They're the group that makes me want to run away from this profession.  But I won't.  It's one group.  It happens.  All of my... okay, most of my other classes are so good... okay, not good, but, well, I like them. 

I posted last week that I thought I would have a job.  I do, although it is not the job that I mentioned last week.  I'm back at the lovely State.  I won't be back in my old job though, which is fine.  Switch things up, I suppose.  I thought I could start Monday, turns out I'm mistaken.  Still finishing a few things up at WU: projects and final class sessions.  May 3 and I will basically be done with everything for school.  Wow.  It's just weird to keep saying.  It's a really, really odd feeling.  Should I be soo happy?  Should I be sad?   How do I feel?  I feel ready to graduate but unbelievably scared that I will have no job next year.  Scheiße!  Guess if I have no job, I'll pack my crap and go to Germany. HA. 



2 comments: